Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Deeper

Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
Into the mud and the swamp and the dirt
Then leave me there to rot by the wayside
Only, please, don't take off your shirt

Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
into those moments of embarrassment
that only seem to really ever happen
when being with me seems your every intent

Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
into those feelings of insecurity
that often arise now that you've come to visit
and shadowed with doubt all of my perfect dreams

Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
into those caverns and places unknown
share with me love's grand adventure
so that together we need never be alone

Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
I want to walk through life by your side
You make me better than I ever imagined
And, yes, I said yes, I will be your bride.

Hahahahaha. That's all I have! Someone please do something better so I can post a link and redeem this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment