Wednesday, October 1, 2014

House for sale

House for sale.
One house for sale.
One perfectly acceptable house for sale.
With rings of white
and rings of black
and lines that wind around clear to the back.

House for sale.
One house for sale.
One empty and forgettable house for sale.
It's clean on the outside
and dirty within.
Looks perfect when prospects appear rather grim.

House for sale.
One house for sale.
One lonely and desperate house for sale.
It won't keep you dry
and it won't keep you warm
but it will protect you in any large storm.

House for sale.
One house for sale.
One gorgeously handsome house for sale.
It isn't pink
but you could paint it blue
call five-five-five-one-two-one-two.

***
I suppose this is what you get when I read A Light in the Attic to my kids before they (and I) go to sleep. Deb and Sabrina also responded to the prompt.
Photo was found on Pinterest.

2 comments:

  1. Nope. It inspired poetry for me too, and I swear I didn't read your response before I wrote mine. Love your spin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Silverstein-esque. I'm grinning. :)

    ReplyDelete